Business has slowed for many agents in the past few months. This means you can spend more time on marketing to drum up new deals for the rest of the year and early 2020.
A great way to get motivated and take action is an appointment competition.
Appointments are the best leading indicator of future business!
Why You Should Focus on Appointments
Did you ever list a house without an appointment?
Without appointments there are not transactions. And without transactions you don’t have a business.
Many agents chase leads. You should chase appointments instead.
It’s easy to get leads. You can buy them. However, leads are unpredictable and only a few result in a closing.
In a real estate sales business your income will grow with the number of appointments you book every week. You may only need 5 or 6 to close a transaction.
The Types of Appointments you Should Book
There are 6 types of appointments you need to focus on:
- Pre-listing Appointments: These are consultations with homeowners who plan to sell in the next 12 months.
- Listing Appointments: Here you explain how your service is unique and why the seller should hire you.
- Buyer Consultations: You meet with buyers before you show houses to explain the process, make sure they are qualified, and get their commitment to work exclusively with you.
- Showings: That’s when you show homes to buyers that are ready and qualified to make an offer.
- Referral Partners: Meet them for coffee or lunch to strengthen your relationship and get more referrals.
- Past Clients: Invite everyone you sold a home in the last 2 to 5 years for a cup of coffee. They may be ready to sell, move, or buy an investment property.
How to Jump-Start your Appointments
Watch this video by Tom Ferry. He explains 3 simple strategies to get more appointments, using:
- Texts to everyone in your database
- Emails with a specific subject line
- Calling previous clients from 2 to 5 years ago
In the video Tom provides the exact scripts to use …
Competitions challenge agents to take massive action because they want to win.
We are launching a fall appointment competition in our office, so everyone has an incentive to take action and to finish 2019 strong.
If your office does not challenge you or you want to be part of an appointment competition, give me a call or text (614) 395-7375, or simply schedule a time to meet!